Constant research and development together with a deep understanding of evolving challenges have demonstrated the group’s leadership in innovation and ensures new solutions create on-going confidence.
Our R&D budget averages 10% of our annual revenue.
The majority of sales are from patented products.
SURYS R&D has four dedicated internal laboratories:
- The Optical Laboratory uses analog and digital tools to create security images that are easy to understand, authenticate, and highly resistant to counterfeiting.
- The Photopolymer Laboratory creates custom Holographic Elements (HOEs) as well as specific designs for personalized photopolymer holograms.
- The Materials Laboratory produces and tests high fidelity reproduction materials and adhesives.
- The Digital Laboratory develops innovative software and systems, digital signatures, image analysis, and internet monitoring.
All teams from sales to research as well as manufacturing contribute to setting priorities for the development of new solutions.
SURYS collaborated with universities and private laboratories on long term R&D programs on nano-structures.
- For us innovation is a means to develop products that produce true benefits.
- Our integrated state-of-the-art laboratories include Optical, Photopolymer, Materials, and Digital Laboratories. It is here that SURYS invents a flow of new products every year, several of which have received international awards.
- Parallel to the ongoing scientific development, SURYS also maintains an active IP policy. Most of the group’s sales revenue comes from patented products and more than 300 security image copyrights are filed with IHMA.